OUR PLEDGE TO FAMILY CARE
At ENMMC family care is about more than just our top-notch equipment and highly trained professionals. Our physicians, staff and volunteers offer a lot of high tech care, in a very nurturing environment. From our free Tiny Toes educational program, to patient rooms with the comfort of home, to our personal attention, we show a commitment to excellence in the care and support of women, babies and children.
The Family Care Services units are secured with a code-entry system to protect against infant and child abduction.
Labor and Delivery
Your coach is encouraged to attend the birthing process, and immediate family members are welcome also. Our post-partum rooms are warm and comfortable private rooms with bathrooms and showers. Sleep chairs are available if your partner wishes to stay overnight with you. We also have:
- Adjustable birthing beds
- Private rooms are homelike and fully-equipped with the equipment and monitors for a safe, comfortable birthing process.
- Electronic fetal monitoring
- Pain relief options
- High-risk C-section room
- Couplet care that allows your new bornto stay in same room
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pregnancy complication management
- Care if you have had a hysterectomy or other gynecological procedure
- Post-delivery care includes family education
Once your little one is welcomed to the world, he or she receives loving care in our fully equipped nursery, or you may want your baby to stay in the room with you. We have:
- Level II Nursery for premature babies and newborns who need special attention.
- Breastfeeding support
- Hearing screening for all newborns
Our team has the experience, understanding and technological back-up to meet the needs of your sick or injured child, from babies to teens. Our goal is to work with you and your child's physician to return your child to health. We have:
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Sleep chairs to make it comfortable for you to stay with your child in a private room
- Playroom with fun and educational entertainment choices for all ages -- we even have a Nintendo machine and VCR.