OUR PLEDGE TO CANCER CARE
Living with cancer doesn't have to mean living in a hospital, or traveling long distances for treatment. With the right doctors and treatment close to home at ENMMC's Cancer Treatment Center, cancer patients can make the most of every day.
Physicians are fighting cancer with a comprehensive array of services including chemotherapy and radiation therapy, both available in ENMMC's Cancer Treatment Center. Our cancer care combines up-to-date technology and protocols with the warmth of understanding.
Natural elements, including trees and plants, are emphasized in the 15,000 square foot Cancer Treatment Center and enhance the feelings of comfort and warmth for patients. The use of natural light, begun in the lobby, is carried through, into chemotherapy rooms.
Our multidisciplinary team of specialists provides cancer treatment to inpatients and outpatients. The team includes medical oncologists/hematologists, radiation oncologist, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists and nurses, therapists and support staff.
We offer a comprehensive range of services that includes early detection, education to encourage understanding and coping strategies, diagnosis and the latest in treatments.
A team including a radiation oncologist, physicist, radiation therapists, dosimetrist and nurse provide the care to treat cancers from skin lesions to deep tumors.
- Linear accelerator therapy include electron and photon treatments
- Strontium 89 treatment (X-ray)
- 3-D treatment planning system, including simulation to help physicians determine treatment fields and proper positioning
- PET/CT scan for radiation treatment planning
- Tumor registry
- Discharge planning
Chemotherapy treatment is provided by private physicians in the Cancer Treatment Center. These medical oncology and hematology specialists and their staff provide:
- Hormone therapy
- Access to investigational protocols
Wellness Testing and Screening
- Medical imaging including mammography
- Laboratory testing
- Endoscopies and colonoscopies
- Surgical assessments and staging
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery
- Radiation oncology
- Medical oncology
- Education and support groups, often in collaboration with the American Cancer Society
- Counseling and social work services
- Dietary counseling
Together, we're helping our community win the battle against cancer.
ENMMC Cancer Treatment Center
405 W. Country Club Road
Roswell, NM 88201